Change your Closet door knobs to Glass knobs
To make your home a versatile place to be, your home furniture plays a vital role into making this a reality. A furniture can be very versatile, if you want it to be. A single item can make a huge difference in the whole atmosphere of a home.
Be it a used one or a vintage piece, a furniture generally has great potential just holding up to be found. All it takes is a new color to paint on it or some changes in the doorknobs.
Today, we will talk about how we can change our closet look by just changing one element of it. The old doorknobs with the Glass door knobs. You do not have to be an expert in furniture transformation. All you need is some willingness to try something new.
Why choose Do it yourself?
It can save you a lot of money. Believe me when I say this, “The small jobs are the expensive ones”. You surely can do a change in your furniture without taking external help. With the right kinds of equipment, you will be good to go.
These are the Glass doorknobs we will be using to enhance the look of our closet doors.
If this is your first time, do not panic. If you follow these instructions, you will be just fine.
1. Remove the Old Doorknob: This is the first step. First, try to remove the screws, which is holding the knob. The screws will be located on the interior part of the door.
2. If your doorknob has screws on the cover plates, remove those to loosen the old knob. If it is not there, look for a small metal plate, try to turn it loose, then the doorknob will be loosen up.
3. Remove the Old Screws and Latch- Use a power drill to remove the screw beneath the plate of the knob.
4. Install the New Glass knobs- Depending on the style of your door; you will need to adjust the backset, the separation between the edge of the entryway and the focal point of the doorknob.
5. Reverse the previous steps, which you followed to remove the knobs now to install the new ones. Make sure the holes of the old knobs match your new glass knobs.
6. If they do not match, you might need to put some wood putty to make it smaller or drill larger holes.
7. Screw the new knobs setting the screws by hand at first and then tightening them with a power drill. Set the doorknobs in place, set the screws by hand, and then tighten. Do not over-tighten the screws or the knobs might break.
8. Try out the new knobs to make sure it is not loose, and can turn properly.
There are a few things to remember-
· Keep some extra glass knobs for future purpose.
· Make sure you try the knobs before buying them from a nearby store.
I hope this article will help you to do your first attempt successfully.