Change the knobs of your Bi-fold Closet
Do you need something to do with your house and cannot fix the budget or the time? Are you bored of the plain closet doors of your living room? Well, we all have faced this. We have an idea of making your closet doors look new. Therefore, on this quest to give them a new look, this article will show you the cheapest way to do it.
Make your home a versatile one by changing the one thing that will not take a lot of your time. If you are a person with minimalism then you know that your furniture plays a vital role in making this happen. A single item can make a huge difference in the whole atmosphere of a home. Be it a used one or a vintage piece, a furniture generally has great potential just holding up to be found. All it takes is a new color to paint on it or some changes in the doorknobs.
Today, we will talk about how we can change our closet look by just changing one element of it. The old doorknobs with the Glass door knobs. You do not have to be an expert in furniture transformation. All you need is some willingness to try something new.
The glass knobs we will be using look like this
It can save you a lot of money. Believe me when I say this, “The small jobs are the expensive ones”. You surely can do a change in your furniture without taking external help. With the right kinds of equipment, you will be good to go.
The old knob looks like this:
If this is your first time, do not panic. If you follow these instructions, you will be just fine.
1. Removing the doorknobs is the first step. This is the first step. First, try to remove the screws, which is holding the knob. The screws will be located on the interior part of the door.
2. If your doorknob has screws on the cover plates, remove those to loosen the old knob. If it is not there, look for a small metal plate, try to turn it loose, then the doorknob will be loosen up.
3. Use a power drill to remove the screw beneath the plate of the knob.
4. Depending on the style of your door; you will need to adjust the backset, the separation between the edge of the entryway and the focal point of the doorknob.
5. Reverse the previous steps, which you followed to remove the knobs now to install the new ones. Make sure the holes of the old knobs match your new glass knobs.
6. If they do not match, you might need to put some wood putty to make it smaller or drill larger holes.
7. Screw the new knobs setting the screws by hand at first and then tightening them with a power drill. Set the doorknobs in place, set the screws by hand, and then tighten.
8. Try out the new knobs to make sure it is not loose, and can turn properly.
This is the result:
There are a few things to remember-
· Keep some extra glass knobs for future purpose.
· Make sure you try the knobs before buying them from a nearby store.
We hope this article will help you to do your first try successfully.