Kitchen makeover with Glass kitchen knobs
Are you bored? Do you feel like you need to change something in your home? Well, why not change one thing only in your kitchen and you will feel your kitchen is new with a different style? Trust me!
You simply need to appreciate DIY and re-trying decorations and you can actually change any household item into something that is ideal for your home.
You just have to enjoy DIY and redoing furnishings and you can literally change any piece of furniture into something that is perfect for your home. Even if you are not a DIY person, this article will show you the easiest way that you can do to give your kitchen an uplifting look. Change the old knobs to the sparkly glass kitchen knobs.
That is all you need to do to give it a new look, and it’s cheap as well. So let’s get on it.
You will just need a few materials to do this DIY project:
1. Glass kitchen knobs (From any store you like)
2. Screw Driver
3. Any paint
The glass knobs we used look like these:
Painting on a plane surface is quite easy. If you do not like the color of your kitchen cabinets, one coat of paint can make all the difference.
1. Before any painting job, you need to remove all the connectors of the cabinet and remove all the knobs.
2. The surface of the hardware needs to be clean. So, clean it thoroughly. It is easier to put primer on a wooden base, so, it should not be a problem for you.
3. Always remember to paint in the same direction, don’t start zigzag styles. Give the strokes from one direction only.
After you are done with the painting, you need to dry them for a couple of hours and then it should be ready again!
There are a few steps to follow and you will give your kitchen drawers and cabinets a face lifting just by replacing the knobs.
Step 1: Drill your existing holes again for a smooth final change.
Step 2: Before putting your new knobs in place, fill any holes left by old hardware with wood putty, and paint that area.
Step 3: Attach the new glass knobs with screws.
Few tips to keep in mind:
· Always buy extra, be it knobs or screws. It will come in handy in the future.
· Buy the glass knobs, which you feel, will be comfortable to use.
· The size matters here, so you need to understand, if you need bigger or smaller knobs before buying a bunch of them.
· Make sure to wait after you give e first coat of paint. If you would like your cabinets to pop up, a second coat can do the job.